Friday, June 10, 2016

Cable Company Trends

I have lived in several places in Hennepin, Anoka and Wright County. I've bounced between Comcast and Charter. I've had to disconnect restart, transfer services add services you name it. I did about every possible situation. I've examined all my bills closely and came to quite a discovery on how to do all these things in a way to save money.

Whenever I ordered by phone or on line. I always get charged Self install fees $15 for cable and $15 for internet. However, when I go to the Cable stores and order new service, I never get billed these fees. I had a friend that worked in Loyalty He said the best way to cancel service is to call Loyalty and cancel then bring your equipment to UPS. Everyone at the Cable Stores has Incentives to keep Customers, they lose incentives when they process a disconnect, and when they accept returned equipment.

That is why I noticed when I return equipment, it doesn't always show it as being returned, however last few times that I moved UPS told me they are interfaced with Comcast, and it comes off my account immediately and I also get a receipt. UPS accepts all equipment "as is" at no charge, they box it up for you. I noticed the only time I ever get credits for cable company mistakes is through Loyalty. Sometimes I had to be persistent!

I just thought I would write about my findings to help others!

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. I know. I order service at the Xfinity Stores only, Avoid the set up fees!!

    ReplyDelete